IICE Technology Business Incubator supports startups ideas from faculty and students of IISER Bhopal. The proposals must meet the eligibility criteria mentioned below.
- Faculty members of IISER Bhopal (Current and Past)
- Students and Alumni of IISER Bhopal.
- IISER Bhopal partner universities (having R&D collaborations in place)*
- Any startup outside IISER Bhopal can also apply for incubation*
*For points iii and iv, the application must be supported by a faculty member of IISER Bhopal in the capacity of mentor or collaborator.
Thrust area of the proposal proposal should be one of the below topic
- Healthcare and Bioengineering
- Environment and Agriculture
- Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence
- Social and Rural Development and related Technologies
- Computational Sciences and Information Technology
Application and Selection Process
The interested faculty and students should submit a formal application for admission in IICE, TBI along with a detailed proposal comprising of the following documents:
1. Business Plan.
2. Details of IP/ technology based on which a company is proposed to be promoted/ founded. In case the IP/ technology is developed at IISER Bhopal, a copy of filed or granted patent application should be attached.
The business plan is expected to cover the basics of the business, namely, business type, products and services, potential market, competition analysis, funding requirements, capital structure, milestones and timelines, development and marketing plan, team, risk analysis and projected financials. Applicants may give such additional information as they think would help in the assessment of their proposal. The teams are expected to improve the prototype or carry out pilot scale studies, work on the proof of concept to convert it into a commercial entity, develop novel startup ideas which could be of commercial significance.
Based on the submitted documents, the proposals will be screened by the IICE Managing Committee for assessing the suitability of the proposal regarding its potential for incubation.
IICE will make all efforts to provide the relevant mentorship for the incubated startups.
Incubation Period: Three years, can be extended to two more years on case to case basis
Access to IISERB facilities: The startups can access the Infrastructure facilities of IISER Bhopal on payment basis after taking due permission from the respective head/Dean/competent authority.